Your clients are adding video posts to their websites. They are holding webinars and teleseminars. They’re posting audio and video messages to sales pages.
Did you know that you can increase your business and help them to make more money by offering transcription services? That’s right!
How will it benefit your client?
At some point in the process they are going to need a written version of all of that audio whether they realize it or not. You could be the one who helps them with that. Here are just a few ways that you can help your clients earn more cash with transcription:
- Audio/video posts: Transcribe these for your client and use the written version as another blog post. Optimize it with keywords to bring in their readers. More eyes on their website can lead to more sales of their product or service.
- Webinars/teleseminars: Repurpose the written version into a blog post or a sellable product.
- Product Packages: Your client may currently offer a package with an audio and workbook. Add in a transcript of the audio. You are adding to the value of the package, therefore the price can be increased. You may also reach a wider audience as there are people who prefer to read versus listen to materials.
Those are just a couple of examples to get your wheels turning!
How will it benefit your business?
- You become a one-stop shop for your clients, offering all of the services that they need.
- You are their rockstar VA who told them about these great ways to add revenue to their business.
- You will increase your workload from existing clients making you more money and possible referrals.
Would you like to learn more? Get more details and find out how you can offer transcription in your Virtual Assistant business—and how you can even offer it without doing it yourself! Register for VAVs as a GOLD member and grab my archived webinar from VAVS6 wherein I cover all of this and more!
In the meantime, connect with me on my Facebook fan page! Stop by for industry news, tips and tricks or just tell me what you’re up to!
Alicia Jay, Owner,